Tuesday 22 April 2014

3-Month Old Baby Stolen By Woman ‘Who Came Visiting’ In Makurdi

 
At about 8:00pm on April 19, a three-month-old baby belonging to one Mr. Ikyavngi Imande was reportedly stolen by a woman who came visiting. This event which happened on Inikpi Street, High Level, Makurdi, Benue State has thrown the family of the baby to tears as the mother of the baby, Mrs. Msendoo Ikyavngi narrates:

“It was on Saturday evening around 8.00pm that Chichi, the girlfriend of my neighbour, Mr. Amos, came to my house, tricked my nanny and stole my baby. My nanny was with the baby and she was crying. So, Chichi came and took the baby for the purpose of making her to stop crying. She now sent my nanny to get water for her to drink.
“It was then that Chichi ran away with my baby right in my house. When this was happening, I had dashed out of the house to buy food  items.
“We have been seeing her recently and we felt she was a  friend.”


The prime suspect, simply identified as Chichi, was in Makurdi to adopt a baby, but was turned down by the government officials.

Yesterday, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Daniel Ezeala said the police had arrested one suspect and would keep up with investigation into the matter.

No comments :

Post a Comment