Wednesday 16 April 2014

19-Year-Old Pakistani Nabbed With N228m Heroin At MMIA, Lagos

student 
Pakistani teenager of 19, Iftikihar Muhammed Arslan who was trying to smuggle 25 parcels of heroin weighing 25.400kg worth about 228 Million Naira was arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos.

Luck ran out of Iftikihar who claims to be a student of Punjab College in Pakistan when the said heroine was discovered in his luggage during the inward screening of passengers on board a Qatar airline flight.

The suspect who is believed to be working for a Pakistani drug cartel was said to have left Lahore, Pakistan with the drugs to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, then Doha, in Qatar, from where he connected to Lagos.

Iftikihar who speaks English fluently, confessed how he got the drugs. He said;
“I am a student of Punjab College and I am in Nigeria as a tourist because my friend told me that Victoria Island and Ikoyi are beautiful tourist centres. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the Lagos airport, the heroin was found in my luggage. This is my first time of coming to Nigeria and I had intended to spend a week or two.”

According to the NDLEA spokesman; Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, the suspect was cooperating with the agency’s team of investigators.

Source: Vanguard

No comments :

Post a Comment