Wednesday 18 December 2013

Police kills colleague, orders bottle of Heineken

Shaibu

36 year old corporal, Halidu Shuaibu is being given an orderly room trial over the murder of his colleague, Yeiwa Babangida whom he killed
after a dispute centered on suspected extra-marital affairs with his wife.
Shuaibu stated that his wife confessed to him that she had been having an amorous affair with Babangida and only one of their three children belonged to Shuaibu whilst the rest were fathered by Babangida.
The suspect was said to have flared up on obtaining that information, however he reportedly did not confront his colleague immediately.
He said, “Initially, I did not believe this because Babangida is also married with children, so I kept the information to myself. Babangida and I shared a room in the Tinubu area and I continued to relate with him normally.”
He later confronted Babangida and stated the chronicle of events leading to his demise.
He said, “Babangida cooked a pot of noodles and we ate. After eating, I asked him about the allegation, but he just attacked me all of a sudden. Because he is bigger than me, I had to overpower him, so I picked up a broken bottle and stabbed him in self defence.
“After stabbing him, I went downstairs to inform my neighbours because it was not my intention to kill him.”
Police sources told Punch, “Shuaibu is a liar. Neighbours told us that on the day of the incident, there was a naming ceremony holding downstairs and Shuaibu attended it. He then went back to his room where he killed Babangida.
“Our investigations, as well as a medical report, revealed that the suspect stabbed Babangida 57 times. The suspect also used the base of a standing fan to hit Babangida in the head several times in the head before he gave up the ghost. The suspect claimed there was a fight, but there are little scratches on his body.
“According to eyewitnesses, after killing the deceased, Babangida returned to the naming ceremony downstairs, ordered a bottle of Heineken and shouted, ‘I don kill Babangida for upstairs’.”
Lagos Police spokesperson Ngozi Braide said, “The policeman in question is facing an orderly room trial. At the end of the trial, he may be dismissed.”

No comments :

Post a Comment