Wednesday 19 March 2014

‘My Mother Is My Wife’s Punching Bag’: Man Seeks Divorce From Mum-Beating Spouse

Court-2
A 42-Year-Old man, Ayuda Abila has petitioned against his wife of 10 years in the Igando Customary Court of Lagos State and is seeking for divorce.

He told the court that his wife,Tina was fond of beating up his mother;
“My wife has turned my mother into a punching bag, alleging that she is a witch." 
“She does not want to see any of my relatives; anytime they come around, it is war”. 
“I cannot cope with her constant beating and harassment of my mother and her hostility to my siblings."
He also said his wife has formed the habit of fighting in public;
“Whenever she is fighting, people come to tell me that my wife is fighting again. Whenever I go there, she will transfer the aggression to me by fighting and embarrassing me in public,” he said.
The wife, on the other hand, claimed that it was her mother-in-law who beat her and not the other way round as alleged.

She also begged the court not to dissolve the union as she still loved her husband. The matter was adjourned till March 26.

Source: YNaija

No comments :

Post a Comment