Wednesday 11 June 2014

Man Breaks Record On The Longest Ice Bath, Stays In Ice For Almost 2Hours

Before i say anything, let me commend this man for doing something i can not do. After all, a saying goes; "if you can not beat them, hail them"

55-year-old father of five, Wim Hof from Holland has broken a record of longest ice bath. He stayed in ice for 1 hour, 52 minutes and 42 seconds and came out alive! As a result of this achievement, he has been nicknamed "Iceman" and he is so proud of it.

It has been revealed by experts that Wim Hof's brain was able to send messages to other parts of his body, telling them to keep warm hence his long stay in ice with no complication thereafter. Wim Hof the iceman said:
 
"I feel like I can control my own body as if I have a thermostat that I can adjust when I need to. The most challenging record was climbing Everest in just a pair of shorts.Swimming beneath the ice and not finding the hole back was quite a frightening experience too.But I'm confident enough because I know what my body can cope with.It is a lifestyle that I have chosen to take therefore I train everyday wherever I am.I don't bother with gyms, I just workout where I happen to be whether it's in the garden or at home.It's a great honour to have the nickname of Iceman, it makes me feel very proud of my achievements."
 
See more photos of the iceman after the cut...

No comments :

Post a Comment