Friday 27 June 2014

8-Months Old Pregnant US Olympian; Alysia Montano Runs 800M Race

 28-year old US Olympian, Alysia Montano who is 34 weeks pregnant( 8 1/2 months pregnant) surprises all as she participates in the 800 Meter race of yesterday at the Hornet Stadium in Sacramento, California. She received a standing ovation from the spectators after she completed the race in 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds. Omo dada!!
 
Did i hear you scream? well, her doctor gave her the go-ahead as it is medically believed not to be harmful to the foetus. Alysia says:
 
"I've been running throughout my pregnancy and I felt really, really good during the whole process."
"'That took away any fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy."
"What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby...I did all the things I normally do...I just happened to be pregnant. This is my normal this year" 
 
More photos of the athlete after the cut...

Before her pregnancy

No comments :

Post a Comment