Tuesday 6 May 2014

Meet 25-Year-Old Lizzie Velasquez Who Was Once Tagged "World's Ugliest Woman"

Having a rare syndrome which remains undiagnosed, 25-year-old Lizzie Velasquez who has bullied, insulted and neglected by all around her because of a condition that prevents her from gaining weight was named "world's ugliest woman" few years ago. Today, because she learnt to appreciate herself just the way she was, she has attracted lots of friends, celebrities and earns a good living as a motivational speaker.

In a recent interview with E, she said:
"It's a process that I had to figure out, of how to handle negative comments. When I was younger, I would just sit there and read every single one and obviously, it was awful. There were times when I felt like people were physically putting their hands through the computer and really hurting me on purpose.There's days where I'm like, in my mind, ‘I wish I could tell this person something!' But it's not going to accomplish anything. It's just going to be me sinking down to their level and a never-ending battle of hiding behind a computer screen."If someone compliments me on my eye makeup, I get really excited, because I can only see out of one eye, so I'm literally putting makeup on blind."

 She also has over 90,000 followers on instagram who tell her how beautiful she is and encourage her


For those of us who do not appreciate our looks i hope you do now!

No comments :

Post a Comment