Thursday 19 July 2012

FAITH IN GOD!!


FAITH IN GOD: Take time to read
and to share with your friends.
Somewhere in Milaor, Camarines Sur, there
lived a fourth grader boy who would follow
this route to school everyday: He has to cross
the rugged plains and cross the dangerous
highway where vehicles are recklessly
driving to and from.
Once past this highway, the boy would take a
short cut, passing by the Church every
morning just to say Hi to God, and faithfully
say his, "Magandang umaga po" in Bicol
dialect. He was faithfully being watched by a
Priest who was happy to find innocence so
uplifting in the morning,
"Kamusta, Andoy? Papasok ka na?"
"Opo padre ... "he would flash his innocent
grin, the priest would be touched. He was so
concerned that one day he talked to Andoy.
"From school...", he advised "Do not cross the
highway, you can pass through the Church
and I can accompany you to the other side of
the road...that way I can see that you are
home safe...."
"Thank you father ... "
"Why don't you go home ... why do you stay
in this church right after school?"
"I just want to say 'Hi' to my friend, God," and
the priest would leave the boy to spend time
beside the altar, talking to himself, but the
priest was hiding behind the altar to listen to
what this boy has to say to his heavenly
FATHER.
"You know my math exam was pretty bad
today, but I did not cheat although my
seatmate is bullying me for notes... I ate one
cracker and drank my water, Itay had a bad
season and all I can eat is this cracker.
Thank you for this! I saw a poor kitten who
was hungry and I know how he feels so I
gave my last cracker to him ... funny but I am
not that hungry.
Look, this is my last pair of slippers ...I may
have to walk barefoot next week, you see
this is about to be broken... but it is okay....at
least I am still going to school.... Some say we
will have a hard season this month, some of
my classmates have already stopped going to
school .... please help them get to school
again, please God?
....Oh, you know, Inay hit me again, it is
painful, but I know this pain will pass away,
at least I still have a mother.... God, you want
to see my bruises? I know you can heal
them.... Here... here and .... oh ...blood ....I guess
you knew about this one huh? Please don't
be mad at Inay, she is just tired and she
worries for the food in our table and my
schooling that is why she hits us....Oh, I think
I am in love ... there's this pretty girl in my
class, her name is Anita ... do you think she
will like me? Anyway, at least I know you will
always like me, I don't have to be anybody
just to please you, you are my very best
friend! Hey your birthday is two days from
now!!! Aren't you excited? I am! Wait till you
see, I have a gift for you . but it is a surprise!
I hope you will like it! Oooops, I have to go ..."
then he stood up and calls out, "Padre, padre,
I am finished talking to my friend ....
youcan accompany me to the other side of
the road now"
This routine happens everyday. Andoy never
fails. Father Agaton shares this every Sunday
to the people in his church because he has
not seen a very pure faith and trust in God, a
very positive look at negative situations.
One Christmas day, Father Agaton was sick so
he could not make it in the Church, he was
sent to the hospital. The Church was left to 4
manangs who would chant the rosary in
1000 miles per hour, would not smile and
would always find fault in what you do, they
were also very well versed in cursing if you
irritate them! They were kneeling, saying
their kilometric rosary when Andoy, coming
from his Christmas party,playfully dashed in.
"Hello God! I ......"
"P----!! (a curse) bata ka!! Alam mo nang may
nagdadasal!! Alis!!"
Poor Andoy was so terrified, "Where's Father
Agaton? He is supposed to help me cross the
street ... and to be able to cross the street I
will have to pass by the back door of this
church .not only that, I have to greet Jesus. It
is His birthday, I have a gift right here....
" Just as he was about to get the gift out of
his shirt, the manang pulled his shirt and
threw him out of the church. "Susmaryosep!!!
(does the sign of the cross fervently) Alis
kang bata ka, kung hindi matatamaan ka!!!
So the boy had no choice but to cross the
dangerous side of the road in front of the
church. He crossed. A fast moving bus came
in.
There was a blind curve. The boy was
protecting his gift inside his shirt, so he was
not looking. There was so little time. Andoy
died on the spot. A lot of people crowded the
poor boy, the body of a lifeless young boy ...
Suddenly, out of nowhere a tall man in a pure
white shirt and pants, a face so mild and
gentle, but with eyes full of tears... He came
and carried the boy in His arms. He was
crying. Curious bystanders nudged the man
in white, and asked,
"Excuse me sir, are you related to this child?
Do you know this child?"
The man in white, His face mourning and in
agony, looked up and answered,
"He was my best friend . " was all he said. He
took the badly wrapped gift in the bloody
chest of the lifeless boy, and placed it near
His heart.
He stood up and carried the boy away and
they both disappeared in sight.
The crowd was curious ...
On Christmas Eve, Father Agaton learned of
the shocking news. He visited the house, and
wanted to verify about the man in white. He
consulted the parents of Andoy.
"How did you know that your son died?"
"A man in white brought him here." sobbed
the mother. "What did he say?"
The father answered, "He did not say
anything. He was mourning. We do not know
him and yet he was very lonely about our
son's death, as if he knew our son very well.
But there was something peaceful and
unexplainable about him.
He gave me my son, and then he smiled
peacefully. He brushed my son's hair away
from his face and kissed him on his forehead,
then he whispered something..."
"What did he say?"
"He said to my boy..." the father began,
"Thank you for the gift .... I will see you
soon ... you will be with me..." and the father
of the boy continued, "and you know for a
while, it felt so
wonderful ... I cried, but I do not know
why....all I know is I cried tears of joy .... I
could not explain it, Father, but when that
man left, something peaceful came over me, I
felt a deep sense
of love inside ... I could not explain the joy in
my heart, I knew my boy is in heaven now
but...tell me, Father, who is this man that my
son talks to everyday in your church, you
should know because you are always there ...
except at the time of his death ......"Father
Agaton suddenly felt the tears welling in his
eyes, with
trembling knees, he murmurred, " ... He was
talking to no one ......
but .. GOD...."

No comments :

Post a Comment