Thursday 24 April 2014

Meet One Of The World’s Biggest Babies Ever Born Weighing 6.5kg At Birth


http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/em/i/UPI-3061398344685/2014/1/13983448353497/Mother-gives-birth-to-145-pound-baby-at-Massachusetts-General-Hospital.jpg 
April 22 was the date of arrival for the largest infant delivered at Massachusetts General Hospital in more than a decade. Baby Carisa Ruscak who surprised every one with her weight of 14.5 pounds had her father, Bryan Ruscak in the delivery room with her mother, Caroline Ruscak.

The new mum who was said to have had her "big" baby via a Caesarean section said:
"I heard the weight and I was like, 'Oh my God.' It validated me because I was in a lot of pain when I was pregnant, so to hear the size, it made sense."

Baby Carisa's father, Bryan said:
 
"When she came out at 14 and a half pounds, I couldn't believe it. I took a picture of the scale just to document it because I couldn't believe how big she was. And long too -- 22 inches is long. That's what we like long and big. That's what I am,"

"I've been teased a lot so I'm a good sport, no problem with me long as they don't say anything bad about my little girl.”

"Big and beautiful: Claudia and Carisa. I'll be in trouble in a few years, but that's OK. I feel very lucky,"


Dr. Jennifer Kickham who delivered the Ruscak’s first child said she was ready for a big baby:

"We expected her to have a big baby. Her first baby was 10 and a half pounds, so we weren't surprised. We were expecting a big baby, but we weren't expecting one quite that big," 
"The baby came out screaming and crying and it was a beautiful delivery.”

Baby Carisa is a little sister to 2-year-old Claudia Ruscak who was also a big baby as she weighed 10.5pounds at birth.

Source: UPI

No comments :

Post a Comment